Heath Ledger’s Dad Is Blaming His Son For This

It’s been almost a decade since Heath Ledger tragically passed away. Ledger’s father Kim Ledger had something shocking to say to the Daily Mail in Australia.

“It was totally his fault,” Ledger said.

“It was no one else’s. He reached for [the pills]. He put them in his system. You can’t blame anyone else in that situation. That’s hard to accept because I loved him so much and was so proud of him.”

The night before Heath’s death, the Oscar winner’s sister Kate had warned him about the lethal combination of the pills he had taken.
“His sister was on the phone with him the night before telling him not to take the prescription medications with the sleeping tablets,” Ledger commented. “He said, ‘Katie, Katie, I’m fine now. I know what I’m doing.’ [Heath] would have had no idea.”

Sadly Heath was found later to have died from “acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine.” This was according to the toxicology report that was released following an autopsy.

“Heath mixed a couple of drugs together with sleeping tablets and he’s gone forever,” Kim said. “That’s something we [himself, wife Sally and Kate] just have to deal with.”

“He was a young guy that traveled all the time for work,” Heath’s father said. “Even as a 2-year-old, he hardly ever slept. He was trying to work and travel and do everything in a short space of time.”

Kim Ledger has been working these last few years to raise awareness about prescription medication misuse, especially in his native Australia.

According to a United Nations 2014 World Drug Report, Australians are among the world’s biggest recreational drug users.

Sofia Vida

Sofia has been writing for major news outlets for over 15 years. In her spare time she enjoys hiking, walking her dogs, and going to concerts.

sophia-villa has 2092 posts and counting.See all posts by sophia-villa